PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC
Thread: ATC
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 18:19
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rule 3, I think perhaps you have missed my point.....
I'm having a moan about the poor standard I've experienced with respect to tactical vectoring, and the unrealistic expectation of certain controllers in terms of us being able to manage our profile/energy/speed.

I accept wholeheartedly the limitations and stresses on the system thanks to EK's hub principle, and of course the lack of any real management plan..

All that being understood, I still fail to see why a guy working approach can't give a reasonably accurate indication of track miles from perhaps 6-8000ft (20-30 miles etc) so that we drivers can hit our energy gates in an efficient and accurate fashion. It happens in plenty of other places, with many many more airspace constraints than in the terminal area here in DXB.
Certainly I accept that you guys are under as much pressure as us to maximize flows, but it works very very well at places like LHR, LGW, FRA, and CDG (when they arent on strike) when aircraft are picked off the holds...and streamed in...so why not here?
It appears to me that the prefered method is the "made in the USA" technique of cutting and chopping guys on all sorts of headings, speeds etc...then issuing and expecting us to achieve the required speed constraints and profiles despite being kept 2-3000 feet high, and 80kts fast
Tell me I'm being unreasonable?