PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 15:09
libertine_ss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@dj1425

well the process is in 4 stages, pass the first 2 and you reach the 2nd 2
in my case, first 2 were theory and speed distance time calculations
the only tip i can give for the theory is to cram every detail of that booklet into your mind. for a couple of nights before it constantly read and take notes on everything, if you're getting a train up, read that booklet from page to page.
for the speed distance time, get out the old school books and revise all of the speed distance time stuff, they are fairly simple if you know your 6 and 3 times tables well. also note that 1 nautical mile = 1.15 miles, this will come in handy. the problem with the speed distance time is you have to be really quick at doing them. simplify the numbers down to make it easier.

for the 2nd 2 papers i had the cube and the diagramming.
for the cube the only practice i could think of doing was creating my own cube out of paper and looking at it from all angles, but i had not anticipated that the folding and layout of the cube would become more intricate and difficult. a handy tip is to draw on the rubber provided, but this takes up valuable time.
for the diagramming i looked at the materials provided and kept attempting the questions over and over. if you get a question wrong, dont just look at the answer and move on, work out why thats the answer.

im sure if you sift through this thread you will find lots of materials to help you with each stage.
i hope my advice helps you and good luck