PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Pilot certification rules
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 12:35
mykul10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, nice lively thread..

makes fun reading, but a serious point here.

This thread does underline very well EASA's determination to make everything as difficult as possible which is not suprising given that they are dominated by pressure from legal and political people.

Regardless of the EU vs USA debate, we are all sleep-walking towards serious grief in April 2012. I have recently heard UK CAA and EASA say "oops we didn't mean/realise that" when questioned on some points recently and have heard warnings from people far more qualified that if some of the current proposals become law as planned the some of us will be permanently buered.

Its a wider issue than just FAA vs EASA, but the original idea behind this thread would no longer be an issue if common sense was allowed to make a comeback.

Although the FAA/EASA does not directly concern me (I don't hold any FAA licences, or should that be licenses??), the bigger situation does concern me.

There are plenty of people who say what they don't like about EASA, but very few who say what they are going to do about it. I have tried writing to UK government and other politicians but felt like I was piing on a house fire.

Short of all large scale revolt against EASA, we will shortly be faced with a lot more hassle at best and perfectly decent organisations not being able to operate legally at worst.

If anybody agrees it would be great to hear from you, because my present intention is to give up my UK(non JAA) licence plus my experience and apply it to something outside aviation.