PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 11:59
Tophat320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

I was invited to Saarlouis to do the Assesment the week before.
I read this thread very carefully and itīs great to get such a lot information about working or living with Cargolux. Thanks a lot for this to all posters in the past.

Nevertheless, I got some questions concerning this company.

One wrote along this thread, that Cargolux will now "take an eye on the living place of the employees". They should live around their base. Iīm living about 200 km away from LUX. I know I havenīt the longest way, but at all I canīt reach Luxembourg within 60 (90) minutes. And I think that isnīt enough for Cargolux.
But I also read that you wonīt have a lot of standby-duties, they donīt call you in your off-days and if you are on a tour you are far away from home and LUX.
But at which point this one hour upon call-out is relevant. Do they call the pilots ahead of a sheduled flight to come earlier? Or can they call you on your floating off-days to come?
With this "new" procedure to place pilots around LUX, is it possible to commute?

Second question is about the economical situation. Around 2008/09 in this thread the news about Cargolux werenīt good. For sure due to the financial crisis there were other companies with bigger problems also, but what about today? I have a job, not the best one, but I have one. I know there never could be a guarantee, but if I decide to change to Cargolux, is there a big possibility that they send me home after one year? Or is the crisis over at Cargolux and the future looks more friendly now? Is there an outlook?

And I heard about a union which tries to make the pilots life "more easy". What do you expect of the contracts in the future, is there a tendency that the time you are away from home for 8, 10 or 15 days will be shorter in the future?

I would be happy if anyone can answer this questions to me, thanks a lot!

Tophat320