PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 09:42
Tophat320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning guys,

I received an invitation for the assesment at Saarlouis, so I took the time to read this thread very carefully. It is a wonderful thread with a lot of information concerning Cargolux.
Since a long time dreamt to work for that Company, finally when I read this thread there is not really doubt about this, but a few more questions to ask.
I hope I will get some answers.

I received some shedules, I know what to expect when working for Cargolux. Normally I will live "at home", which is about 200 km away from LUX. Along this thread I read things like "they will have an eye on you and whether you will move close to Luxembourg or not". It seems to be very important for the company to have the employees around them.
I think with 200 km I donīt have the longest way to go, but for sure it is not possible to reach LUX in 1 hour.
Now the question: I donīt understand for what it is important to reach LUX in 60 (90?) minutes? People before told us that you donīt have much standby-duties, if you are on tour you are far away from LUX and they wonīt call you at the OFF-days. But at which point is it important to be at your base in 1 hours, when do they call you? Ahead of your trips to come 2 hours earlier? On you Floating OFF-days? And do they have after a longer time really a look for your living-place?

Second question is about my worries of the economic situation. I read some bad details along this thread, it was around 2008/2009. Cargolux wasnīt the only company with problems due to the financial crisis. But whatīs today? Economy around the world seems to be rising, what about Cargolux? What I am interested in: For sure there is no guarantee, but at the moment Iīm in a job - not the best one, but I have one - and if I do the decision for Cargolux, is the possibility really big that, after one year, they tell me to leave Cargolux because of the bad economic situation? Or does the company better again?

These are my two questions, very important for me, I would be glad about some answers. Thanks a lot!

Tophat320