PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 09:21
Old Carthusian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took a look at the background to the oil slick/pallet issue. These were investigated by the Brazillians who were the ones who concluded that these were not relevant. I do not think we can lay this at BEA's door.

I have been impressed by the level of analysis and intelligence that has gone into all the threads on this tradgedy. However, I have also noted the lack of knowledge of the maritime environment which has at times been quite glaring. Shell Management is right and everyone else who is hinting or suspecting conspiracies is wrong. Searching the sea surface let alone the ocean floor is incredibly difficult and and time consuming. Given the environment of the sea bed in that part of the ocean it is unsurprising that they have not found the wreckage or the black boxes yet. I would caution others not to suspect 'bias' or 'conspiracy' but just to accept that this is a very difficult process which will probably take more time and may never even be resolved. That is just the way things are.