PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye CEA.
Thread: Bye Bye CEA.
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 21:16
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
Bolleaux.

Sprog status should be immaterial when postings are considered - CEA should compensate accordingly.
You said it, dog's bolleaux.

The present post would be frozen or the person posted to a stability post and on the balance some would be at RAF Sh1te as well as RAF The Bizz N.

You might be at a unit you don't like, say a Welsh holiday island, and expecting a posting to Herriot's land. Brat 1 is coming up to a key educational point so you apply for CEA. The options are:

1. Expedite posting to Herriot Land and freeze for 2-3 years or

2. Extend posting on Welsh holiday island for 2-3 years.

In both case CEA is not admissible. If you happen to be at RAF The Bizz but your posting plot suggests a staff tour at RAF Rustication in a year you might suddenly find you are offered an immediate posting.

Cuts both ways and indeed can be a powerful adminstrative tool. I know an ex-VC10 sqn ldr (flt lt) who tried to get a posting to Brize; 10 didn't want him so he was offered Andovers instead. He rejected the posting because he could not afford to buy a house there and his wife was earning more than him at Retford. To my surprise his poster did not post him; they closed the station instead