PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in France (incl Permits, Private sites and Pictures)
Old 17th Oct 2010, 21:13
chalmondleigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helisurface Permit

Great news that you can apply on line for the permit. Traditionally they can take quite a long time to come by post - the all time record I heard of was almost two years! Not sure how long they take for on line applications and would be interested to find out.

I am on my third permit now and wouldn't be without it having had it inspected three times. The last time by customs officers who flew into the hotel where I was staying. All very friendly as the paperwork was in order but they did say that fines can start at €3,000 going up to €50,000 and the helicopter may also be impounded.

The wording on the application form is still slightly confusing and can lead to the belief that the Permit relates to only one particular helicopter or just one location. This is not the case as the Permit is issued in the name of the person applying and does not mention any particular helicopter, or at least my permit does not.

If you don't own your own helicopter just put down the details of a helicopter that appears in the copy of your log book pages which you send to them.

Under region or area I put Toute de France and under purpose Tourism.

Bon chance.