PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 20:23
Golf--Lima--Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ 727

It depends on the destination, on east coast US trips it can be a hit or miss to be honest. Very occasionally you may get up to 6-8 cabin crew and the 2 flight crew meeting at the bar for a couple of drinks. However on most one night trips you'll find 2 flight crew and say 2 or 3 cabin crew at the bar one hour after check-in for a few beers. One exception to the east coast seems to be MCO, Orlando seems to bring most folk down to the bar! Think its something to do with the bar happy hour that runs from 15.00 - 21.00...

West coast stopovers tend to be more sociable as its normally a 48 hour layover, more crew tend to make an effort and in destinations like LAX where there are 4 crews at any one time this can lead to some fun and games

Caribbean, again for some reason there is usually a really good turnout at the bar. Not unusual to see a full crew come down an hour or two after check-in.

Far east is another sociable zone, Narita and Hong Kong in particular being rather 'notorious' for having a good time.

African destinations are similar to the east coast US trips in terms of numbers of cabin crew and flight crew who meet up for a meal or beer.

I must point out I'm not Flight Crew for VS, merely an international tea-bag squeezer (Cabin Crew) However I hope this answers your questions.