PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye CEA.
Thread: Bye Bye CEA.
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 20:04
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Training Risky
Little Johnny reaches secondary school age, he goes to the local comp and starts preparing for GCSEs.

The chap is posted to Vegas,

They both have choices:

1. Take the whole brood out there - Johnny's exam results may take a hit in a US private school, but they are happy enough as a family.

3. packs Johnny off to a decent minor private boarding school, which they can just about afford with chap's LOA.

QED, Is there any essential requirement for a public-funded private boarding school place in the UK?
Good theory, poor in practise. Once little Johnny embarks on his GCSE (or A-level) course then putting him in to a boarding school is a non-starter as his education will not have any continuity. The purpose of the CEA is before he starts that the next stage of education and takes in to account the probability of his parent being posted.

Rather it should be the probability but in the past was the slight possibility which is a huge difference. It should be possible to look at Mr Johnny's career plot and freeze his posting for the 2-3 years of the education phase or even bring a posting forward so that Johnny can start his education in a new school.