PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First solo
Thread: First solo
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 19:22
Adam1919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First solo

Hi everyone,

I have had a quick look for a thread on this but could not find one, so hope any readers do not mind me asking the following:

I have done so far 13.5 hrs and now doing 'circuit-bashing', everything seems to be coming on ok. All my climbs/descents/turns/stalls are up to scratch and my circuits are ok (just got to master the right point to flare but getting there).

I am wondering about anyones views on the averge number of hours students go solo on their circuits? I have heard some wild suggestions of anywhere between 6 and 30 hrs!!! Not sure what to believe.

I am flying 3-4 times per month and making steady progress. I would be greatful of anyones, helpful, views:

If any reader, who holds a PPL, and does not have time to go into detail or give me any specific thoughts your hour you went solo and also how many months it took you to pass your PPL. If provding the latter how often you flew would be useful.

In addition any views on tackling the next section of the syllabus would be really useful, but as I say only if you have time and want to help me.

All helpful responses really appreciated.

Adam