PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 19:16
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see how it affects a family of four going off on their hols, however package deals for years have included airport supplements
Interstingly then it would appear that DTV are to introduce this at the beginning of the winter schedules. So the obvious question then for at least the first 6 months, then how many "families of four" will theoretically be subjected to this tax?
As the the question of it's administration then as I noted previously, nothing has been said that indicates that it will not be as simple as :-
"Place your cash / plastic card in a vending machine & out pops a ticket which you will need to present on checkin, else you won't get a boarding pass!"
As far as I recall then tear off part of voucher removed around time going through security, at which time any e-checkins with electronic boarding pass & without baggage would be verified in any event. The airlines themselves do NOT become involved at all in it's administration.
This is how it has worked at NQY from my experiences and presumably still continues to do so.