PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 15:29
Major Cleve Saville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Jihad Jim,

WWW your statements:

'I also doubt whether you know the minimum FFRS Cat we can accept and under what circumstance, what our stable approach criteria are and how they differ on a circle to land, how to work our flightplan system, what our Ops Manual says about downgraded equipment and Cat3, how our Roster Agreement impacts on Flight Duty hours or how our FDM scheme works and what its parameters are.

ALL of our SFO's are already masters of all this and much much more and have 4 and a bit years of FDM data and Sim checks to back up the fact that they are the Real Deal.

You. Are an unknown Arse.

A glaring example of why DEC's are such a Titanic risk.'
- Illustrate your lack of knowledge of EU-OPS either that or you are telling us easyJet is non-compliant with EU-OPS in terms of CAT II/III operations.

Stable approach criteria most of us could learn in 5 minutes.

FFRS is presumably standard for 319/320/321 or are you saying easyJet do not comply with ICAO standards?

Downgraded qirfield equipment again is there not a standard EU-OPS table in the manual? Do easyJet pilots have to memorise it? Are easyJet not compliant with EU-OPS?

Rostering and FTL is that not in the manual or have you memorised it. I guess with easyJets rostering you are likely to get very familiar with the FTL scheme very quickly.

Do easyJet pilots operate to the limits of the FDM parameters? I hope not, the FDM parameters are set to show deviations outside normal SOP parameters. Operating to FDM limits sounds very un-professional to me and not to be encouraged (most airlines will not publish parameters for this reason). Far better to operate to SOPS and never come close to FDM parameters.

You make it sound like DECs receive no training at all when they join easyJet.

Sounds like working with a company like this that appears, from what you imply, to be non-compliant with EU-OPS and basic ICAO regulations, and crews obviously lacking in basic awareness of international regulation is indeed 'a titanic risk'.

I only have 30 years of Sim checks and 21 years of FDM data to back me up as well as being a TRI/TRE, TRI Instructor & TRI Examiner, RETRE, CAA Flight test approval etc etc. But I guess I am not 'the real deal' compared to an easyJet first officer with 4 years experience.

Furthermore I have to ask who moderates the moderators? Pprune is good for healthy debate and some tongue in cheek wind-ups but hurling abuse seems to be abusing the position of moderator.

Major Cleve Saville.