PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 14:58
Dragonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mouwaa,

Your naivety astounds me. I don't know your background, but you can buy a pretty decent apartment for HKD$4m IF you know where to look. Apparently you don't, and you don't know much about the property sector, and you get cheated a lot by those agents. That I can guarantee.

quadspeed,

Great post. I really appreciate you pilots giving us so much information. And I really respect you pilots a lot.

To the rest who're saying how bad it is to be a pilot,

The fact is, no matter where you look, there is no "best" job out there. People, whether young or old, keep on trying to find the best job, and when they're too old to do so, they write on this forum, saying how their job sucks. I'm tired of hearing this. Just stick to one job and get on with it. There's more to life than hopping from one industry to another to find the non-existent ideal. Instead, when you're at work, try to enjoy the little things.

I, myself, have worked in engineering, quantity surveying, banking, and even Disneyland. I've worked in 4 different industries. I should know what society is like.