PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 11:08
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norm,

there are not 'millions of experienced short haul operators in Europe and the UK'
Ok, I was exaggerating for effect. There are however, (in the style of Monty Python) a lot!

That aside, you are totally missing the point of the analogy in due to some unnecessary offence taken over the pecking order of long haul above short haul in your own mind
Cheap shot that one. It's not a pecking order it's a simple fact. You need adequate flying experience to become a long haul F/O. You need adequate long haul experience to become a long haul captain. I don't take offence at all, I have got adequate experience. I still have plenty of time on my hands, have you?

The key thing is that as long as a First Officer from within has the necessary experience then you must always promote them first before you look outside - that principle is made to apply at Virgin, Cathay, BA etc and must be made to apply at easyJet
Ok, I agree with what you're saying here. But, you can also then compare the likes of Aurigny and Loganair to BA and Virgin. They have plenty of experienced F/O's ready for command aswell.

The point I'm trying to make is that, sometimes, DEC's are a necessary part of the recruitment process, you are proof of this. Easy wont always have enough suitable SFO's ready for command so they will need to recruit DEC's. It may be the case that it isn't likely at the moment but sooner or later it'll happen again...and again and again.

If you and WWW could wind up your crystal balls and let me know what the lottery numbers are going to be next week I'd appreciate it.