PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 10:47
Jihad Jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also doubt whether you know the minimum FFRS Cat we can accept and under what circumstance, what our stable approach criteria are and how they differ on a circle to land, how to work our flightplan system, what our Ops Manual says about downgraded equipment and Cat3, how our Roster Agreement impacts on Flight Duty hours or how our FDM scheme works and what its parameters are.

ALL of our SFO's are already masters of all this and much much more and have 4 and a bit years of FDM data and Sim checks to back up the fact that they are the Real Deal.

You. Are an unknown Arse.

A glaring example of why DEC's are such a Titanic risk.
Wee Welshman Moderate this......you are the arse on here
All you know about this industry you have seen through Pprune or Easyjet, both institutions where you have ingratiated yourself.

If the above company specific version of generic knowledge (and more) is all that seperates you from a DEC then you havent achieved much in your 10 year transformation from keen wannabe at the 1999 job seekers conference to pompous patronising Captain at easyjet. A contract captain would probably less interested in the above ,and not bother to learn your local version, but you're probably a trainer or a manager by now and so sanction that particular model of DEC so as to further ingratiate yourself into the Ej culture. You've known one OM-A, way to go champ.

The above is not a yardstick for jeopardy nor a seperate qualification that only time served F/Os can achieve.It is learnable in an afternoon and many guys have done so at many companies without a 10yr apprenticeship. Many people looking for a DEC position will have been made redundant and will have forgotten more than you have learnt during your industry wide 11 years on an orangejet.Some of the items they will have forgotten are the things you've mentioned. Ten pounds says theyll re aqquaint themslves with the EJ version in an hour or two. Then what value your 11 years. especially when EJ tire of you and you end up meeting another companys version of yourself on the job hunt.You may well meet on the way down people you pissed off on the way up.

Im in the desert with Mr Knight , having a ball on the left seat of a 777 in the "soul destroying" Dubai , Job number 4 for me and despite the moaning on here , infintely better than the lo cost life. Now before you ask me I'm here because I was the same generation as you at EJ but from a previous employer not flight school, hence my interest in your opinions.
As for being a moderator, well that was for the wannabes section wasnt it? Ah the heady days of kow towing with the then pprune owners .A life skill that has served you well at EJ.

Congratulations on your transformation and I hope the added knowledge you aquired, that sets you above mere DECs, was worth it.