PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 09:39
uklad007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think on scheduled flights it would depend on the airline if they incorporate it into their website - it really would be down to them to point this out or the travel agent i guess even if they dont impose it.
Am not sure how (and i think a fee is imposed at Blackpool) the likes of Jet2 or the other airlines show this - same as Newquay.
I know for a long time now, a number of Carribean airports have imposed a departure tax or arrival tax - a lot of them higher than the £6 at DTV..and i think tour operators call this out, not sure if the likes of BA/Virgin do on flight only scheduled services?

My personal view on the tax is it seems odd to me - i would reduce landing fees in order to get more services in and get money on passenger fees that airlines pay - as passengers more use new services then revenues go up, then again am not in airport management and am not privvy to that sort of information so i cant accurately comment.
These are hard times - the airport know the £6 on the volume of passengers isnt going to stem the losses they are hinting at but may plug some sort of hole...the risk is one big risk for current operations and that is Ryanair as they dont like this sort of thing but then again Ryanair dont like check in desks either.
I cant see the AMS or Easten Services being at risk over this but attracting new airlines could be interesting. I assume their priority to attract more airline as hinted s is looking more at Charter than loco/full service and charter pax I guess would spend more at an airport like DTV than business pax would.

I can see how it affects a family of four going off on their hols, however package deals for years have included airport supplements (and our local airport always seemed to have high ones on flights i took ) they could incorporate it into the price that way and at check in hand out the vouchers to pass through security - if incorporated into the ticket price they wont notice it/feel it - its the action of at the airport going to the ticket machine and handing over the money that way they will feel more..... I have just spent £800 return to come from SEA through AMS to MME for christmas - when i go back on the return leg £6 or no £6 i dont really care, it would cost me more to get to NCL or MAN than £6...and as i will over the next couple of years fly back and forth like this it isnt going to put me off using MME....providing I can