PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 21:57
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read and re-read the info from the guys who actually work here. That's the best advice.

Regarding the NI number to apply. If you don't have one, I found a someone with the same issue on a different forum. It was suggested there to use: a000000a. Your best advice would be to sent to bacityflyer.jobs (at) ba.com and explain it to them.

Basically it's a longhaul (touring up to 6 days away!) job with crap pay and 3 to 4 sectors a day with a bottle of water as crew food in between breakfast and dinner.

BUT is depends on your experience and what you are looking for. I do really enjoy it. But I also know that for many it's a different story as they have something to compare it to. T3D STRIK3R list the best parts about the job spot on. The folk, both f/d and c/c, are indeed really good fun.

As an F/O I log around 500hrs a year. I guess next year around 600 with the new summer program. Indeed a touring airline, with trips from 2 and up to 6 days away from base/home. I tend to get the bare minimum of 9 days off per month with an average of 7.3 nightstops, 38 operating sectors and 58hrs a month. (over a 3 month period incl 2 weeks leave) The E-jet bond is spread over 2 years and unless you leave, you don't pay a penny.

So far I've always been awarded the leave I requested, incl. request days off, trump days and your request for the festive period. The rostering manager is a brilliant guy. The schedueling agreement that was mentioned earlier makes it hard for the company to change rosters without asking your permission and/or awarding some cash (taxed of course!) to it. My roster is stable. Don't get many changes and the ones I do get are requests that I could have happily turned down If I had wished to do so.

If you're looking for a long time career and good pay, this is not the job for you. If you're looking to fly a modern jet out of a CAT C airfield with good staff travel perks and some nice folk to work with, it's not bad at all. I'm happy but I hear a lot of moaning and people applying elsewhere...just my 0.002 cents

Last edited by DutchBird-757; 17th Oct 2010 at 15:25.