PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 18:30
SVoa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bit of recent experience from this school for anyone interested:

I got here beginning of sept. for half my hour building, and CPL/ME/IR. Their aircraft are top notch, in very good condition and VERY well maintained. The onsight engineers that are hired by the school know the diamonds and the Aeros like the back of their hand and are always willing to do more work if you find something remotely wrong with the aircraft. I was very surprised by this. Instructors have quite a bit of experience and know the aircraft very well and are really nice guys. As for the school and the professional courses: The school supplies you with aircraft manuals for the aircraft youll be flying and you have to do a written technical test on the aircraft. They also supply you with very good training manuals for each course which analyticaly describe ever single lesson for every flight. The instructors conduct thorough briefings and debriefings before and after each flight which is very good and helpfull. They seem to be very organised and are very friendly with student. Good environment as well.

Having the experience of a good UK modular school where I did my ppl, i can easily say this place is a very good commercial flight school with a good standard of training. I know many bad things have been said about this flight school in the past, but they've cleaned up well. A friend who did the full course at Egnatia last year told me the same things as i am seeing now.. I highly recommend this school, and for those of you worried about reputation, i know from a mate who is involved in recruitment in a UK airline, that the school is building a good reputation in the UK as well.

SVoa