PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 10:56
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toadpool
What happened to the supposed £12 million court settlement the airport, not Peel, won against BMI baby?
Is this another example of Peel's asset stripping of the airport?
I must admit that I am not to sure as to whether this has been resolved, I had read that DTV had won it's appeal, but with all such cases these are subject to further action or perhaps a settlement that was of benefit to both parties with a restriction on full disclosure.
Either way you are perhaps missing the point somewhat. The reality is that DTV is part of a group & it is to the group that any settlement would be payable, thereafter funds would be allocated internally as in the best interests of the group.
The reality is that in any organisation running at a large trading deficit, then this requires funding, when further borrowing is unpractical/excessively expensive, and cost cutting providing only longer term returns, then it is totally acceptable business practice to use such "windfalls" in this way.
I suppose that on an equitable basis then as in all likelihood DTV's operations have contributed significantly to such loss then from this perspective also they have no reason to complain.