PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 10:27
septerra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy fellas,

Been a while since I last posted. Just been occupied with other stuff.

Now, like I mentioned a while back, I completed my recruitment process until the Assessment day interviews and was recommended for RAAF Pilot and SSO Pilot. Since then I have made quite a number of phone calls to DFR regarding my application being sent away to PSA. My current status is 'Permanent Resident of Australia' making me eligible for Citizenship on March next year.

I was told during my YOU session that I would be allowed to progress upto my OSB with my residency and then upon being recommended by the board, will have to wait until applying for citizenship to enlist. All my calls since my Assessment day have provided me with no information as to what my current situation is. All I am told every time I call is that I would not receive a call from PSA until a date that is closer to me applying for Citizenship, like sometime around January. However, I am sure that a few of you on these forums have been able to progress through to the FSP while on a 'Permanent Residency'. Can anyone who has any information regarding this, or anyone who has completed the FSP with a residency shed some light.

Also, can someone please let me know if you receive a confirmation letter when your file gets sent off to PSA - something along the lines of, 'your file is now at PSA and would stay on file for x no. of days,......'. I asked them about this and my case manager replied that she'll refer to a Lieutenant and get back to me, but its been a month and I havnt received a call since.

Any help is appreciated. This is extremely frustrating since I am unable to get a firm answer about anything.

Best Regards