PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I love the recession!
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 08:49
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All those under 25's who think Recession is talking nonsense (I'm not THAT much older myself), I would like you all to post on PPruNe in 5 years time telling us a.) if you have a job and if not, b.) what you feel was the biggest barrier to you getting a job. 9/10 of you will put it down to availability of cash.

Wannabes have given the airlines/FTOs the opportunity to screw us with integrated training so future generations would realise that integrated / airline mentored training (costing double the cost of Modular) is the best way to stand a chance of employment. Now with increasing competition even amongst the integrated/airline mentored students, it's only a matter of time before the airlines/FTOs will have invented a new category of training that only the richest of the rich could afford. That's all it's about, MONEY.

At the heart of Recession's message is total disgust at the lack of FAIR AND EQUAL assessment opportunities for pilots like him (self sponsored, trained at own pace with minimal debt). Airline's would much rather take on extremely young and mostly naive (If the shoe don't fit, don't wear it!) guys who are up to their eyeballs in debt. The latter category is bound to accept any deal offered on the table due to two reasons: 1.) Probably never earned a decent wage anyway and therfore no experience to say no!, 2.) to help their debt situation wheras a 30 yo with a mortgage and a couple of kids COULD NOT (though probably would given the current bad spell). Hence why the likes of BA, BMI, EZ and other airlines in bed with CTC would rather not hire human beings living an ordinary life and having normal everyday needs (such as zero desire for debt!)

Flying is not everything.

Last edited by Superpilot; 22nd Oct 2010 at 15:54.