PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye CEA.
Thread: Bye Bye CEA.
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 05:32
Blighter Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEA will not go as it will hit the Army hardest with their current trend towards moving every 2 -3 years. (I believe CGS has played the red card here)

Lye closes in 18 months so everyone there will be moving to Brize, Waddo and various other UK and overseas postings - so does that mean they can now 'legally' claim CEA

In my mind if you elect to live in in your own house then that is your choice - why should you get Home To Duty to pay you to come in to your place of work? You chose to live in private accommodation.

You can argue pros and cons for all sorts of allowances - the figures banded around for CEA are nowhere near the mark - not everyone claims the full amount and I bet it's nowhere near the total paid for HTD.

Service personnel make lifestyle choices for their families - some elect stability of education whilst moving every 2-3 years, some live in their own house and put down roots whilst commuting and maybe getting HTD - who can discriminate?

If we are not careful we will lose all sorts of allowances - don't forget many are paid to other public sector employees.