PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA EBA ???
Thread: VA EBA ???
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2010, 00:33
virginexcess

Received 15 Likes on 1 Post
There was no selective editing, i just chose the paragraph that, in my view, seemed to contradict the statement that the Feds were "not actively promoting common law contracts"

As i said earlier, i am no lawyer, but my interpretation of the brief is that at best it seems to be ambiguous and is at the very least contradictory. But regardless of my personal interpretation, it certainly seems to imply that they are in fact supporting common laws contracts at this point, albeit as an "interim measure".

I cannot say with authority that in this case common law contracts are a bad thing. What i can say with authority is that the common law contracts that are in existence at VA are a very bad thing for employees because they make it impossible for employees to collectively approach the company about any employment issue. Therefore, each employee is on their own until we get an EBA.

Whether common law contracts at VB for the 330 will prove to be equally disadvantageous for employees is outside my area of expertise.