PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 21:47
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd give them a week, maybe two to have a sit down and seriously think about the "spoiled brat" diplomacy they've used toward our Governmental over flights and their lobbying of the UN. (not to mention the Camp Mirage decision which I personally don't think is worth all the fuss, but that's me)

The more I think about the suggestion that we cancel their landing rights and ice the cake with denial of EK and EY overflight in Canadian Airspace, the more I like it.

A child can't simply take something it wants off the shelf in a supermarket simply because he wants it, unless it's paid for. This country (the UAE) doesn't understand the fact that the answer to any question/request is not always YES. Unless it's the other way round. Then they do get it. There are times when you have to say NO. Even to the spoiled brat. (Bear in mind, if you tell a spoiled brat NO, he's going to start bawling. He might even thrash around AND bawl in protest. You have to understand the mentality we're dealing with to better appreciate what me as well as others are saying.

Cancelling their landing rights and overflights, including their Military transits to the U.S. via Labrador, would be the slap on the wrist that's needed PLUS it would get one in for our Military boys and girls. Even though they (the UAE) might not get it.

Canada doesn't import enough Middle Eastern oil to worry about any oil sanction, should they even consider that move as an option.

We go a long way to accept culture and religion in this country and to a great degree give way to it to be more accomodating. Maybe this time, someone needs to give way to the way we do things in this country?

Does our government have the cahones? (don't think so)

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 15th Oct 2010 at 22:08.