PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 18:40
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion there are too many airports in this small country. Should every sizeable town, such as Doncaster or Middlesbrough, have its own airport when there are other principal airports serving large conurbations less than an hour away? The only routes that will ever really work are to Malaga, Alicante and the like. Routes repeatedly being started and then failing from these smaller airports only serve to destabilise the same routes from the key airports. Admittedly Teesside airport has a fine history (was it an RAF base?) but it will always struggle to be a viable airport. Don't get me started on Doncaster as it never should have been built - that's knowlegable politicians for you. The same inept politicians that for years have helped hold back my local airport by having zero ambition and foresight, and now having sold it for millions, wonder why there are no proper roads too it!! I know you will come back trying to justify these airports but the hard facts speak for themselves. Not wishing to antagonise but just saying it how it is. Oh yes LUFC will win at boro tomorrow too. So there!

regards,

LEEDS APP.