PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 16:54
555orange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Married a Canadian..

I get your point. Not all business was innocent before the ME showed up. SO?

Does that mean we should bend over and just let you and the ME with is current super cheap labor from the subcontinent, no tax, gov't subsidised businesses, walk into our house and eat our lunch?

What happened in the past is water under the bridge. What matters to Canada and Air France, and BAE, and Lufthansa etc etc etc, is the here and now.

Now the ME carriers interests are a threat to other countries carriers interests. Canada has tried to deal with this fairly by allowing the ME carriers to service the Canadians that want choice in DXB and AUH but as a destination, not a hub onwards to other destinations. Although admittedly, you serve that market already to a certian degree. But Canada wants to protect its share of the market to other destination as well. Daily service from YYZ for you is enough ...for now. Sorry you cant have it ALL.

What the UAE has effectively done now, is attract global attention to itself over this political nonsense with the base and now the security council seat. It reminds me of a spoiled bully who didn't get his way, and I think the rest of the world is going to see it that way too. It hasn't helped your case.

If you want to play at the table then bring your chips. Code share or join an alliance.

Lets put it into a context you might understand better...now that your married to a Canadian... How would you feel if you were at a party and some guy comes in and wants all the beer for himself? What would you do? Does the fact that you had one too many beers once in the past justify the other guy taking all the beers today? Hmmmm....