PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cao 48
Thread: Cao 48
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2002, 05:23
Dale Harris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C.S.
You make my point for me. By posting such an accident record here in this thread, the person is intimating "here look, an example for you of fatigue" As I said, I do not wish to detract from the fact that work practices here no doubt contributed. As you state, "the chain of events". It is obvious that one missing link may have saved the aircraft. Fatigue is but one of them. The approach, the weather, company attitudes, get home itis, you name it, it is in this one. Remember though, fatigue affects different people in different ways, and to blindly assume as some do that CAO 48 in itself will take care of that is bull****. I'm sure you have been around long enough to know that, so I am not having a dig at your good self..... I think we are in agreement somewhat, although I think from different ends of the question?

I might add tho, that you don't have to be fatigued to have a CFIT. Carrying out approaches like appears to have been done in this case will kill you eventually, fatigued or not.