PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:39
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stansdead - have a read of some of your posts and tell me if you sound like the sort of person you would wish to employ at your own airline. Why, therefore, would we wish to employ you here, when we have so many better candidates among our own people?

Major - having started so well, it really is all starting to unravel. For whatever reason you do not like easyJet, and that is absolutely fine. Plenty of people do not like the low-cost world, and the great thing is you do not have to work here if you do not want to. Possibly harder for you to understand is that quite a lot of people do actually really enjoy working for easyJet, and I am unashamedly one of them. As I have said on numerous occasions, it is not perfect and for very little effort could be so much better. Nonetheless, it has much to commend it, as exemplified by people like stansdead hammering at our door in such an unsavoury manner. That door will remain resolutely closed to him and others like him, simply because we have so many top-quality, highly-motivated First Officers to promote ahead of him. I am proud that we increasingly look after our own, and see that quality as a sign of a maturing, professional airline.

Back to the original question - is there any recruitment likely at easyJet? The answer is yes, both internally and externally. We are recruiting 300 Oxford/CTC pilots who are predominantly low-houred cadets taking up their first job on temporary contracts, which may or may not be made permanent. A significant number of our current temporary flexi-crew pilots will be offered permanent jobs either in November or January (not sure of the exact numbers). We are also internally promoting in excess of 20 Line Captains into Training Captain positions plus upgrading a large number of our current trainers to TRI, TRE etc. In addition we are aiming to promote 168 new captains this coming year. I put it to any reasonable person reading those figures that they are good news by any criteria you care to use. Are we a perfect airline? Absolutely not. Are we a whole lot better to work for than many others out there? Most certainly.