PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 15:01
crewsunite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paragliding & flying light aircraft is far more fun on ave to fly than a big shinny jet. (Sure Jets are one hell of a thrill to land & take one off nicely but that is where it ends, and even then after some time that too becomes a bit like clock work. )

Flying with the wind in your face and ever changing elements is something that cannot be described unless you try it.

Anyway modern airline flying is so monitored now & SOP are followed to the T. That there is little passion in my vanes while at the controls.

Sadly this approach is very necessary, as many a pilot has not even got the confidence to do a visual approach.

Now who's fault is that? The accountants again, they sucked the blood out of extra training & Sim rides due to costs?

How many V1 Cuts do you do today compared to 10+ years ago in the Sim?

Anyway I'm not in a mood to argue these points anymore.

Only that it not such a passion anymore, sure I still love flying.
But it is certainly is not what it seems when you start out.

If I had to go repeat my life, I would have chosen a different path to aviate and have better control over my life.

Think of those furlough pilots in the US whose lives are still effected by 9/11 almost 10years latter. On the other hand how many bankers do you know how are out of a job since the recent financial crisis. Many are raking in millions as I type!

ITS SICK! Enough said, make your own bed Guys but be warned.
Stay in control of your lives at all costs (Develop real skills that can be used in every day life) this world in going to become more & more bumpy once this current good phase has passed.

Last edited by crewsunite; 15th Oct 2010 at 15:48.