PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 13:58
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ted320
Personally, I wouldn't notice an extra few quid on the price of my airline ticket, but it will really p**s me off to have to pay £24 for 4 of us out of our holiday spending money just to go through to departures.
Ted320 You have identified the problem absolutely spot on.
Irrespective of the "colour and appearance" of the ticket vending machine it will be interpreted by the majority of pax. as an "in the face penalty" for using DTV.
The other downside is that the resentment, not to mention lack of cash in pax. pockets will have a detrimental effect on the tills of the other airport shops & sevices. I see this as in reality setting up an incestuous circle where the only possible outcome is lose - lose..... "now lets see we'll charge more for significantly less and expect... what ?" Even this bright idea surely can't emanate from the remaining DTV marketing team.
Reality must surely be "last chance saloon" without this charge then perceived overheads not covered to an acceptable extent, "say guys! lets try & buy some more time.."
Suprisingly no one has touched on issue as to the airlines reaction to this charge, as in effect it is also another barrier to their revenue generation potential from DTV