PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 12:59
dublinaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI Premier
Your level of arrogance and disrespect on this forum is simply uncalled for.
I'm the arrogant one? lol You're the one lecturing people on this forum as if you're some know-it-all, and you're the one accusing people of being disrespectful just because they choose to take a different view than yourself. Whatever about your own experiences, that has no bearing on my own experiences which haven't been great, and judging by other posts on this forum, I'm clearly not the only one. And from talking to people who work with another airline, theres also a perception within the industry itself of how arrogant and stuck-up the Aer Lingus CC are, so its not just limited to "disgruntled" passengers as you put it.

I'm well aware of what hours those people have to do - but are they beginning from 4AM for six days a week - with one day off and then tansitioning straight to another timezone, followed by a completely inverted working pattern the following evening - working right through the night?
A jobs a job, there are much worse jobs out there with much more demanding shift patterns.

The 500,000 people who are extremely unfortunate to be out of work now would also be very willing to fill other roles were they available - so please don't spin this as a one-for-one issue directly in terms of EI.

The fiscal situation and the necessary fiscal re-adjustment affects every single company operating in this country - not just Aer Lingus. It also affects every single employee.
Where did I say it was a one-for-one issue with Aer Lingus? But you can't get away from the fact that there are 500,000 people out of work in this country, yet Aer Lingus CC, with some of the best pay and conditions in the industry, are taking industrial action. At a time when the country is on it's knees, and people are facing savage cuts in December's budget, IMPACT can only expect a public backlash at any form of industrial action.

Just what ''crap'' do you feel Aer Lingus cabin crew are getting away with?
Taking industrial action for the sake of a break, when 500,000 people are out of work with no source of income other than the dole.

I'm afraid the only person on a ''high horse'' here is yourself.
And I'm afraid you need to go work on your comebacks.

How, on earth do Cabin crew think that they are above everyone else? Are you completely oblivious to the multiple cost reduction programs that they have signed up for in the past three years? Several have lost five figure sums from their total remuneration packages - salary and benefits combined. At the same time, they have significantly increased their productivity and have signed up for greatly reduced staff levels onboard - notably on TA operations.
Did other sections of Aer Lingus not have to sign up for those same cost reduction programmes? Yet they've also agreed to the Greenfield programme. Even pilots have taken cuts.

EI-AAA's point on trying to change people's views is quite correct - that won't happen. However, I would appreciate it if you would take a more balanced approach to this issue - rather than cutting down and besmirching the reputation of EI cabin crew at every turn.
That wasn't EI-AAA's point. EI-AAA's point was that if you dare disagree with the ALFC, you are a "backwoodsman", which is nothing short of snobbery and arrogance.

However - the above comment is quite disgraceful really.
Here we go again, someone disagrees with you and they're "disgraceful"...