PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 15th Oct 2010, 09:18
Me Me Me Me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would management offer us more than 1.5%, the origional offer??

They know the membership is week, (you only need to look at the pension ballot to realise that), 30% didn't vote, remember?? What will people do if we don't get a decent rise, strike??? Can't see that, after all I know we don't need public support, but you can see the quotes from the press and on TV, Top of the scale band 5 pay(£94,000). The golden final salary pension(for the moment), even the new deal is better than some that other workers have got in the country.

Then they will stand outside Swanwick watching all the lovely cars drive in, whilst the strikers stand around the Harrods catering truck!!!!!!

Stop second validations, work to rule, some will most won't..
I agree that public sympathy would be hard to maintain in such circumstances. However there are also NATS employees earning below the ~£26k threshold that the government thinks acceptable for people who dont ever work to receive. We don't all drive Ferraris, rake in overtime and still get early go's... That sounded a little bitter... wasnt intended, my point being there are low earners who are worth fighting for.

AAVA agreement I say keep it going, but double it. £1000 after tax per shift, then we get some good money to invest, management have to pay large amounts to get the shifts covered. When it starts costing big bucks, proper staff numbers will appear. You will never stop people doing overtime/AAVA's especially when we have such a huge difference between the top and the bottom of the scale, so lets get a better rate for them
How about just having the correct number of people employed? You pretend your argument is to force an end to AAVA by making it prohibitively expensive, however it's pretty obvious it's just bigger pound signs you're seeing... Stop the AAVAs and stop letting them get away with not staffing correctly.