PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I love the recession!
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 06:03
Aero Mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He should also be reminded that not all rich people are spoiled brats. Many of my peers come from nouveau riche families, and yes, some of them are spoiled brats. Stereotypically, they would wear labelled clothes, drive Mercedes and live in Esher, where their fathers are off to London at 7AM. But not all.

Many of my peers are also comparitively well off. However, many of us live in the middle of nowhere, and see little point in 50 inch televisions and other flash items coming from department stores in Knightsbridge. My family are comparitively well off, and our daily run-around is a 21 year old German car. My father makes a habit of wearing tracksuit bottoms with holes in unmentionable places - this is because we (and I talk on behalf of my peers here) do not feel the need to show wealth. In turn, we don't expect many things that others would. My house doesn't have heating. SO WHAT? I just don more layers.

My points is that the world isn't made of new money, not everyone less that 20 are spoiled brats so get some perspective and be less ignorant. It is all to easy to be pessimistic, but you'll be wrong.