PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Date-rape drug probe after pilot grounded
Old 16th Aug 2002, 02:46
Psr777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to say, after being a victim of this drug...........it is appalling!

I personally know of 4 cabin crew over the last 4 years who have had experience of this drug, one of which was suspended after she failed to show up for work on the inbound sector from USA.

The makers of Rohypnol admitted it was a major problem and agreed to make it "smell & taste" sensitive, but it doesn't seem to work.

I lost almost 2 days and experienced some horrific things.

Nowadays, downroute, no-one buys me a drink, I dont leave my drink unattended EVER, bottled beer is usually held with my thumb over the top of the opening and I am aware, even when inebriated!!

This is a very real threat to everyone....it happens to individual holiday makers once a year maybe, but it really does happen to cabin/flight crew on a regular basis.

It doesn't matter if you are male or female, gay or straight. There is evidence to suggest that it happens to straight males/females more, but it is not reported due to the stigma attatched. Rohypnol is a drug that takes away your will, whilst leaving you fully concious of the events around you, but having no way to stop or the change the course of events.

Be very careful when you are downroute and when you are at home in your favourite clubs and pubs, it hapens here too.