PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 01:52
Married a Canadian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such simplistic views
You do like your history Clunck...I'll give you that much.

My simplistic views are based on what I know about Western business practices in the industry I work in.
It dosen't really matter to me what the UAE business practice is. People more knowledgeable than me are saying it is crooked and there is a particular mindset...Fine...I will concede to that.

No one so far has answered me on Western business practice. My simplistic view of things is that we are rank hypocrites and compel this situation by pretending otherwise...hiding behind the word "democracy". If all was so good in the West there would be no PPRUNE as there would be nothing to moan about, what with the upstanding honest companies we work for. If Emirates go away will the Canadian section revert to all the happy pilots who are pleased with the way the industry is going?

This debate does seem to have a certain "You don't understand the ramifications" or "You don't understand the Middle East", aimed at all the people like me.
And yet the ramifications by supposedly intelligent posters seem to be the complete collapse of the Canadian aviation market/economy...not to mention the Europeans and Americans aswell....Emirates flying rampant point to point in sovereign airspace serving cities in Canada direct before flying back to Dubai over the disused domestic carriers below them....international travel will all be via Dubai..even if I want to fly to Iceland from Toronto I would have to go via Dubai (it will be cheaper you see with EX).
Extreme? Then could all the intelligent posters once again tell me what is going to happen that is so bad?
Am I missing the amount of carriers that have gone under or entered bankruptcy on the world scene....Do we need to list Pre Emirates/Post Emirates?

You mentioned earlier in this debate Clunk that Emirates COULD be granted cabotage. Please! Even I would not be an advocate for that...any more than I would for British airways.

Easy to stir up the emotions on this topic because of the political and patriotic nature. In doing so though you "complicate" matters.
Let EK shoot themselves in the foot if that is what they seem to be doing...but stop using the "Western vs Middle East" argument. It grows tiresome when no one will comment on Western vs Western in the airline world.