PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 01:51
LF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is without a doubt a wind-up. Having been at CX for a few years now I've never heard of some of the stuff anothernewbie mentions....slam-clickers? Others, such as not drinking with HK cabin crew, hardly required MI5 levels of intel to find out, it's common knowledge in this industry.

Perhaps just as much forthought should have been applied to what happens when you turn down CX & hope for Jetstar, Virgin or QF to give you a job. With little or no experience these opportunities are years away & by the time you get the required hours they will have cadet programs in place(you don't think CX is the only airline to recognise the cost savings available here do you?). But don't worry they will still take direct entry pilots it's just that with all the cadet programs up & running you'll need at least 2 or 3 shuttle launches & probably a moon walk to get a look in.

On the bright side I do look forward to you're future posts from that sunny place called GA. After cleaning the oil of the gear doors for the 500th time having spent the whole day at some crappy mine sleeping & sitting on your a@$e watching tv(starting to sound a lot like what you just turned down) realizing you only get payed for the 2 hours flying you did even though you were up at 4.30 & it's now 6pm & so don't have enough for a beer your posts should be just as entertaining as your first one.