PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA EBA ???
Thread: VA EBA ???
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2010, 01:39
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll play Devil's advocate Nev.

The pilots who chose to join VB, did so with the understanding that they were required to be in possesion of a 737/EJ endorsement. Not so for the CFO's at VA. On the other hand, those who joined VA as CFOs were taking a monumental punt with their careers. It was this lack of career progression, and of course the disgraceful T&C's that drew the most criticism from not only myself, but just about everyone else as well. If that punt happens to pay off (at least in some reasonable measure), then really, the pilots at VB shouldn't have a complaint comming.

For the record. If the pilots at VA manage to secure a proper EBA with a defined career path, then finally some industrial justice will have been done. I for one will be pleased not only for them, but for all pilots that have the right to expect reasonable tems and conditions after so many years of hard work. Amazingly, all the angst and bitterness that has been allowed to grow over the past 3 years could have been avoided if common sense amongst management had prevailed from the beginning. Ooops! Sorry, Oxymoron.

Oddly, a few VA F/O's and some of their ex-pat mates incorrectly assumed that my past criticism was somehow aimed at them personally, and the resulting venom directed at me was something to behold!