PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cattle Mustering incl Training, Job Prospects (!) etc etc
Old 16th Aug 2002, 02:37
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autorotate,

I will have to disagree completely with you. No offence intended.

After 2yrs flying for NAH (aka: the dreaded opposition...) I know exactly what I am talking about. In fact this time last year I hitched a lift into KG in Marks truck...

What is mustering all about?

A) Firstly mustering is great fun but it has a "used by" date. Its a go nowhere career. Ask Mark.
B) Mustering is about being able to read cattle and get on with the property owners. HM might say that they take guys with no cattle experience but behind your back they will say the exact opposite. Look at the stats for the pilots and the evidence is there before you.
C) It is about flying all day, logging half the time, not logging ferries and BS the maintenance release. Mustering pilots pull the arse out of the robbie while ignoring all the limitations imposed by Frank and Lycoming. That fancy flying is just that: Fancy. However, take a moment to consider the G loading, the stress and the overspeeds and it won't seem so grand.

Please don't give the impression to these foreign pilots that they can get into this industry easily. It takes a lot of ringing time and plenty of slave labour (literally) and there are NO promises.

Despite the rosy picture painted at HM, they are just the same as the rest. I can give you e-mail addresses of past and present employees too.

Onya,
Steve76

Last edited by Steve76; 16th Aug 2002 at 02:40.