PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what Master's?
Thread: what Master's?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 21:29
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MBA in operations .

Hi there Genghis

i already went to my local airport . i met with 14 airline flight operations office situated there ( Air India ,Jet airways , Emirates , Qatar,paramount airways ,Etc ) some kicked me out of their office,but my luck i met some very nice people working in flight operation . I confirmed the fact that there is no recruitment or training going on in India right now. Some said that i had to join as a ticketing agent for the airline and after about 2 years i might me considered for dispatch training in the airline . When i checked out the ticketing agent jobs or a ramp workers job ,they said that i am over qualified because of my bachelors in engineering degree and my 2 year work experience in dell . So the gates are shut completely . . Not to mention the fact that my father was staring down at me like hell ,when i started looking out for ticketing agent job .LOL..

From what it seems i think an MBA in operation keeps my dream to an extent and also gives me a backup in case i dont into an aviation industry. I would also be able to find an MBA in operations in a much better university than what i was able to find for MBA in aviation management. Would love to get know your views.

(I'd also not travel halfway around the world to go to Bucks New Uni either - look at one of the UK's world class universities such as Cranfield or City.)
One last question . Is bucks new university Bad choice according to you .

Thanks for you time again