PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 20:22
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO this is simply about Emirates trying to find somewhere else to operate an A380 or two and nothing more. They've ordered a sh**load of these buggers and if they ever had to default on payments, park or cancel orders because they hadn't anywhere to operate them would be a complete disaster for EK and a complete embarassment for a certain ruling party member. Not to mention what it would do to Airbus.

That's probably not going to happen. Face saving is the order of the day out there and the UAE will, in its own way, try to show us who's the boss. I suspect EK will move on to other markets with their A380s.
I say, good luck. Good game.

Canada is out of Afghanistan next year. Camp Mirage is now Camp Yesterday and that's fine. Perhaps Shk al Thani will step up and offer Canada an interim solution. I for one, won't be losing any sleep over this. In fact, we can't get our troops out of there soon enough as far as I'm concerned.
Don't look for GCC unity on this issue after what AUH and DXB did to GF and QR.

And another thing, the UN Security Council gig for Canada is no great loss either. The UN mafia rarely acknowledge what counties fund the place as it is. Should Canada really waste more $$$ on that organization?

I wonder, how long would it take EK to realize operating from YYC and YVR even without competition, was a money losing proposition for them and pull out?

I would react to this UAE hissy fit by doing nothing and simply get our troops out of the UAE. The UAE needs to decide what it's role is in fighting terrorism whilst the remainder of the world watches and waits for its decision.

There are no flies on Canada.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 14th Oct 2010 at 20:44.