PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 17:05
EI Premier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you realise how many people have to to be up at 4AM every morning up and down the country just to get to work on time?

And don't give me this bull**** of "if the conditions are so great, why don't you apply". I've no desire to be CC, and not even the best pay in the world would make me want to be, but trust me there are plenty of people in this country who would. In particular, I'm sure if you asked any number of the 500,000 people in this country with no job, there'd be more than enough to fill the shows of the current CC in Aer Lingus.

CC might have been able to get away with this crap in the good times, but they won't get any public sympathy now, not when so many people are out of work and facing savage cuts this December, and every December for the next 4 years.
Your level of arrogance and disrespect on this forum is simply uncalled for.

I'm well aware of what hours those people have to do - but are they beginning from 4AM for six days a week - with one day off and then tansitioning straight to another timezone, followed by a completely inverted working pattern the following evening - working right through the night?

The 500,000 people who are extremely unfortunate to be out of work now would also be very willing to fill other roles were they available - so please don't spin this as a one-for-one issue directly in terms of EI.

The fiscal situation and the necessary fiscal re-adjustment affects every single company operating in this country - not just Aer Lingus. It also affects every single employee. Just what ''crap'' do you feel Aer Lingus cabin crew are getting away with?

I have been impressed by the knowledge EI Premier has shown about the airline industry and EI in particular.
Thank you sincerely EI-AAA and Eastern Wiseguy for your comments.

Get off your high horse...

And this isn't just about the service standards of Aer Lingus CC, its also about the arrogance of them. That despite the cuts every other part of the airline has had to agree to, CC think they're above everyone else and refuse to get on board with the greenfield programme. CC should cop themselves on and realise the times we're in, and just how good they have it.
I'm afraid the only person on a ''high horse'' here is yourself.

How, on earth do Cabin crew think that they are above everyone else? Are you completely oblivious to the multiple cost reduction programs that they have signed up for in the past three years? Several have lost five figure sums from their total remuneration packages - salary and benefits combined. At the same time, they have significantly increased their productivity and have signed up for greatly reduced staff levels onboard - notably on TA operations.

The vast majority of the cabin crew do appreciate their position. I'm blue in the face from saying this - yes, there are a small cohort of entrenched crew who will object to everything, but they ARE in the minority.

EI-AAA's point on trying to change people's views is quite correct - that won't happen. However, I would appreciate it if you would take a more balanced approach to this issue - rather than cutting down and besmirching the reputation of EI cabin crew at every turn.

Equally - there is no need for an abrupt nasty tone in your posts. We are all on here because of a common shared interest in aviation.

EI Premier