PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates MBA in Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 14:20
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink MBA in aviation management or MBA in operations

Hi there hugel
Is continuing education a waste of time ? I don't think so in any industry that is driven by procedure, licencing and knowledge.

How can a qualification be "essential for many positions" yet "a waste of time". I don't follow your train of thought at all.

In terms of accreditation there are institutions like RAeS, there are government organisations that rate universities based on staff and research output, there are employers that sponsor students that have a view, and of course there are students that have actually done it , maybe with their own money.

Ask any of the above what they think about a particular course.

hugel
  • Would love to know your opinion on my post ( above XNATS post ) .
  • From speaking to some aviation professionals ,they suggested that i do a MBA in operations than an aviation specific MBA even though my plan was to work in the aviation industry . They told an MBA in operations would be a much better choice compared to a MBA in logistics and supply chain management.i still dont understand the connection between an MBA in aviation management and MBA in Operation . How is an MBA in operations connected with the aviation industry.

Would love to know your view . THanks a million for your time for your time .