PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what Master's?
Thread: what Master's?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 14:13
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink MBA in aviation management or MBA in operations

Hi there Genghis

Hi there Genghis
Thanks for your reply. It cleared lot of my doubts.

I wanted to work in flight operations as a dispatcher that was my goal. I am from india . There not even an DGCA authorized dispatch training in my country . Was considering doing a FAA dispatch training course at sheffield Florida ,but seriously didnt know what to do with an FAA license coming back to india . FAA license is not reconized in my country.
I chose a MBA in aviation management( Griffith University | Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management - Nathanand MSc in Air transport management (Air Transport Management )as an entry ticket to the aviation industry.

I have done my bachelors degree in electrical and electronics and have worked in dell computers for 2 years. From speaking to people understood that doing an MBA or MSC in aviation management without any aviation experience, it impossible to get a job in aviation. Many told that an MBA in operations is also closely connected with management position in the aviation industry and also gives me a back up option in case my dreams with the aviation industry doesn't work.

I would like to know from you ,

Your personal opinion of taking an MBA in aviation management without any aviation experience ! it is worth the gamble ?

I have 2 option either to take an MBA in logistics and supply chain management or MBA in operation.Which would be a better option to take considering that i want to work in the aviation industry at the end !

Thanks a million for you time .