PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 12:28
dublinaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI Premier
Just to briefly clarify - by 4AM starts I mean getting up at that time each day - with reporting time at the airport being perhaps 90 minutes thereafter.

I was referring to a series of such consecutive days followed by minimal time off, and a rostered longhaul - all in the context of the isse of meal breaks.
Do you realise how many people have to to be up at 4AM every morning up and down the country just to get to work on time?

And don't give me this bull**** of "if the conditions are so great, why don't you apply". I've no desire to be CC, and not even the best pay in the world would make me want to be, but trust me there are plenty of people in this country who would. In particular, I'm sure if you asked any number of the 500,000 people in this country with no job, there'd be more than enough to fill the shows of the current CC in Aer Lingus.

CC might have been able to get away with this crap in the good times, but they won't get any public sympathy now, not when so many people are out of work and facing savage cuts this December, and every December for the next 4 years.

And the ALFC strikes again...