PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 12:20
152wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Capt Turbo on this one. I don't think packing up and leaving india is necessarily the answer to improving flight safety. There are possibly more risks to flying here but the conditions are not soooo challenging as people are making out. Maybe its different in Air India but in the private Indian carriers most people aim to do their jobs to the best of their ability and safety reports are dealt with though not necessarily as openly as in western companies.

I'd suggest to Jstars that his friend might not know if the captain of the flight in question has not already been called for tea and biscuits with someone in the safety department. It's not something that would likely be advertised to the whole company.

Anyways death in a hotel room is a wild exaggeration of the consequences of filing a safety report. Jstars, tell your friend to file the report using the normal company channels. Whatever flight safety department they have in Air India, good or bad, they cannot possibly do their job properly if people don't give them any info. Even if your job was on the line would you let that compromise your own standards?

I would just follow whatever procedure they have in place for stuff like this i.e. file the report same as I would have done in my previous company and leave the rest up to them.