PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 11:10
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
For all of the maps, photos, radios fitted or unfitted, Walter's theory is just that, theory. Not only theory but theory based upon conjecture, and that in turn based upon the fierce conviction that to lose all those key personnel in one foul swoop at such a crucial period of NI history could only mean one thing, conspiracy! From someone so supposedly versed in the ethos of aviation, that you first look at all the known facts before trying to make them make sense, I find his process illogical.
We now know that whatever befell ZD576 0n that fateful day it was, in company with its sister HC2's, Grossly Unairworthy. That was known then as well, though perhaps not in so many words, for as we have discovered within this forum the "A" word is seen by many as "Not me Chief, I'm aircrew!". Hopefully one of the positive spin-offs from this tragedy will be a better understanding of how vital airworthiness is to the Role of Military Aviation. Needless, pointless waste like Mull not only is a human tragedy in itself but a direct attack on the RAF's ability to do its job, ie to wage war.
So a grossly unairworthy aircraft crashes with great loss of life, and Walter lays the blame on a man in black being in the wrong place at the wrong time (Or the right place? I'm still confused about that!). I'm afraid that Mr Spock would be driven to one of his tiresome homilies that always began, "Not logical, Captain....!".