PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 07:02
Capt Turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top Tup, I flew my single seater, supersonic jet with less hours than these 777 F/Os. Should I have stayed home?
I have done plenty of base flights on W/Bs with F/Os having less than 80 hours total stick time. Should I have refused?
The average TT of captains that I have terminated is well above 10.000 hrs. Should they have passed because they were so experienced?
I have pink slipped pilots from 1. world flag carriers. Was that wrong?

I do agree with you that the foundation for taking adequate decisions is lacking in India. It is too easy to buy a rating and call yourself "Captain", but there are actually guys and gals here who want to improve (far from all of them) but the entire system has abandoned them with a "monkey see, monkey do" culture. And since it seems you do not have much world aviation experience I can inform you that the "acceptable standard" areas of the world are few and far apart.
Have you refused to fly to the other areas because they were not of SYD or FRA standard? Why not? And did you forget to do your homework before coming to India?

Donīt you think the factory pilots report home about concerns and standards? That goes with the job, and as I read you, the factories should refuse selling to the 3rd world. So, have you approached Boing and Airbus with your valuable informations or are you just whining here on PPRUNE?

Although we are in total agreement on a lot of things, the difference between you and I is, that I am not putting my tail between the legs. Against all odds, I try to make a difference in India, China, Africa, S. America and all the other places that you want to eradicate from the aviation map. I may not succeed, and my job in on the line on a daily basis, but donīt call me an idiot..

The days when only BOAC and Pan Am could fly to Bongoland are over, my friend. We may not like that, but a lot of fellow pilots will.
T