PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I knocked back Cathay
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 06:33
Michelle.C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent & realistic piece. I'm actually a cadet wannabe going through the selection process at the moment. I've friends who work in CX & EK as well and I was told the same things. However, I would come to a different bottom line and would actually accept the job if I get through all the stages as my condition as a female Malaysian doesn't leave me with many choices. MH & SQ don't hire females so CX is my best bet. I'm gonna be positive & focus on the free education and confirmed job offer once I finish flying school instead. Having said that, staying for long term in CX would depend if rumours do eventually come true about some sort of housing allowance. Else, it would be earning the hours and trying to a better offer elsewhere. No one wants to flying a shiny jet 10 years from now still struggling to buy a car...

Good luck with all your undertakings, anothernewbie. It's always awesome to make a well-researched, informed decision and taking control of what you want in life. I wish all cadet wannabes would read your piece and come to a realistic decision too!