PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale
Thread: easyJet Morale
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 21:14
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not Ezy crew so I don't know for sure, but it appears from this and other threads that EZ's problems at the moment are largely self-inflicted.

By this I mean that a new rostering system was introduced, against the advice of crew and some staff whose job it is to know these things.

The resultant problems have apparently generated extensive bad press coverage, generated customer ill-will and contributed to turning loyal employee morale to a negative stance. In short, the cost to the company has been significant, if not massive.

If any of the above assumptions are incorrect, then please correct them: Otherwise, what I'd love to know is exactly who within the management structure is responsible for the decision to implement the new system. It seems to me they should be named and shamed publicly, right here. In a just world, the individual responsible would be disciplined (just as more junior employees): The world is of course, not just and therefore their little "indiscretion" will doubtless be "overlooked this time". This assumes that anybody can be found who will accept responsibility in the first place.

So - I'm curious... let's "out" those responsible for what appears to be a really classical example of poor management practise.

(Oh, and my employer isn't perfect either - in fact they could teach EZ a thing or 2 about cynicism and duplicity - but that's for another day)